Benefits of using a scrub:
- Removes dead skin cells that cause skin dullness
- Unclogs pores reducing blackheads
- Reduces acne scars
- Better absorption of skincare products
- For smooth skin & glowing appearance
How To Use:
Step 1: Rinse your face with water thoroughly. Do not pat it dry.
Step 2: Take a nickel – sized amount of facial scrub in your palm.
Step 3: Apply the facial scrub on your wet face.
Step 4: Gently rub the scrub on your face, applying the least amount of pressure. You can rub the scrub in a circular motion using your fingers.
Step 5: Always massage upwards and focus on areas like the top and corner of your nose, cheeks and upper lips.
Step 6: Continue the massage for 10 to 15 seconds.
Step 7: Now move to your neck and under the chin and massage for another 10 seconds.
Step 8: Once you finish exfoliating, wash your face with cold or lukewarm water.
Step 9: Gently pat your face dry using a soft towel.
Dos & Don'ts Of Scrubs
1. Never forget to wash your face before using a face scrub.
2. Focus on your face’s T-zone (forehead, nose, lips).
3. Make sure that you spend at least 40 seconds massaging your face.
4. If you have the time for a proper skincare routine, you can apply a face mask after a facial scrub.
5. Moisturize your skin with a hydrating moisturizer after scrubbing. It will help to replenish your ski.
1. Do not scrub your face everyday. Twice a week is more than enough.
2. Do not scrub your face for more than 40 to 45 seconds. Scrubbing for too long can cause skin irritation.
3. Don’t scrub if you have wounds, active acne or burns. Focus on healing the skin completely
4. Do not expose your skin to sunlight immediately after a face scrub. It will make your skin super sensitive.
5. Do not steam your face before scrubbing.
6. Do not use physical scrubs and chemical exfoliants simultaneously.
Can be used for body too!
Face Wash Vs Face Scrub
A face wash just cleans the dirt, dust and pathogens from your skin’s surface. However, a scrub cleans the skin pores as well. It removes the dead skin cells by exfoliating your skin.
Can You Use Face Scrub Daily?
No. You should not use a face scrub every day. Face scrubs are made for a weekly routine.
You can however use a face scrub twice a week.